Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Forms to be filled in by clients

I have created a form to be filled in by clients and it works great with one
exception. I have the form protection on so if the client uses the tab key it
goes from one fill in area to the next.

My problem is if they use the enter key it will add a line to my form that
messes it all up. What do I do to make enter not a valid key?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See €œWD: How to Code ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Form€
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211219

But note that most forms designers just use tables and set an exact row
height for form fields. Then users can type as much as they want (including
pressing Enter), but the text will disappear after the first line (or
allowed number of lines), and most of them will get a clue when that
happens.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kathy" wrote in message
news
I have created a form to be filled in by clients and it works great with
one
exception. I have the form protection on so if the client uses the tab key
it
goes from one fill in area to the next.

My problem is if they use the enter key it will add a line to my form that
messes it all up. What do I do to make enter not a valid key?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

I am using tables. Where do I set the row height. Actually how do I set the
row height? Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €œWD: How to Code ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Form€
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211219

But note that most forms designers just use tables and set an exact row
height for form fields. Then users can type as much as they want (including
pressing Enter), but the text will disappear after the first line (or
allowed number of lines), and most of them will get a clue when that
happens.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kathy" wrote in message
news
I have created a form to be filled in by clients and it works great with
one
exception. I have the form protection on so if the client uses the tab key
it
goes from one fill in area to the next.

My problem is if they use the enter key it will add a line to my form that
messes it all up. What do I do to make enter not a valid key?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Row tab of Table Properties. How you get to Table Properties may
depend on version, but you may find it on the context (right-click) menu in
any version.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €œWD: How to Code ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Form€
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211219

But note that most forms designers just use tables and set an exact row
height for form fields. Then users can type as much as they want
(including
pressing Enter), but the text will disappear after the first line (or
allowed number of lines), and most of them will get a clue when that
happens.

http://word.mvps.org

news