Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deebee[_2_] Deebee[_2_] is offline

Default Word Layout

I seem to have lost control of the Word layout. If I enlarge the type to
100% or more I get a 2 page layout. If I select "One Page" then the image
reverts to one page but with a smaller, less than 100% size that I can
barely read. If I increase the size, I once again get a 2 page image! How
can I get one page with the page size I desire?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deebee[_2_] Deebee[_2_] is offline

Sorry!
Word 2007

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What version of Word?

http://word.mvps.org

"Deebee" wrote in message
I seem to have lost control of the Word layout. If I enlarge the type to
100% or more I get a 2 page layout. If I select "One Page" then the image
reverts to one page but with a smaller, less than 100% size that I can
barely read. If I increase the size, I once again get a 2 page image! How
can I get one page with the page size I desire?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

More recent versions of Word seem to be more bloody-minded about this,
especially on large, high-resolution monitors. Word seems to be convinced
that you want to see as many pages as will fit. I've had problems with this
in Print Preview even in Word 2003. Sometimes you can find a "sweet spot"
that will give you a single image without being unbearably large. It seems
especially bizarre that you would get *more* pages at a higher Zoom. What
happens if you choose One Page and then use the Zoom slider on the status
bar?

http://word.mvps.org

"Deebee" wrote in message
I seem to have lost control of the Word layout. If I enlarge the type to
100% or more I get a 2 page layout. If I select "One Page" then the image
reverts to one page but with a smaller, less than 100% size that I can
barely read. If I increase the size, I once again get a 2 page image! How
can I get one page with the page size I desire?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deebee[_2_] Deebee[_2_] is offline

"What happens if you choose One Page and then use the Zoom slider on the
status bar?"

When one uses the Zoom slider to increase the size, the one page quickly
becomes two pages on screen! Very annoying. Any other suggestions to get one
readable page on the monitor in Word 2007? I appreciate your help.

Don

"Deebee" wrote in message
I seem to have lost control of the Word layout. If I enlarge the type to
100% or more I get a 2 page layout. If I select "One Page" then the
image reverts to one page but with a smaller, less than 100% size that I
can barely read. If I increase the size, I once again get a 2 page
image! How can I get one page with the page size I desire?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As Suzanne implies, Word 2007 (Word 2003 also) will fit as many pages in the
workspace as dictated by the monitor size, display resolution and the Word
window size. On my 19" ViewSonic monitor at a resolution of 1280X1024 and
Word at full screen, Word 2003 will display two pages when the zoom is set
at 75%. With Word 2007 it is 76%. Zoom settings above those figures show 1
page. In Word 2007, the zoom dislog can be incremented in points and the
dialog indicates when the changeover occurs.

If you are using a larger screen or a greater resolution or a smaller Word
window the point at which the transition occurs will be different and the
amount of zoom required to give you a screen display large enough to read
will be different also.