Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mat2 Mat2 is offline

Default Excel sheet in a Word 2003 form

Good afternoon,

I have created a form that works well. However I'd like to insert an Excel
sheet into the form that will allow the users to add values to it so that
calculations can be performed. However when I protect the form the User
cannot access the spreadsheet except the field on the form to be completed.

Is there a way to overcome this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That's the idea of forms - they enable you to fill fields and provide no
access to the rest of the document. Documents that require complex editing
are rarely suited to the use of form fields; however in this instance you
may be able to achieve your aims by putting the Excel sheet in an
unprotected section or the document.
You can choose which sections to protect from tools protect document
editing restrictions filling in forms choose sections.