Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spikey Spikey is offline

Default Help with Dropping Objects into MS Word

I have MS Word report which references other documents, so have been dragging
and dropping documents (.ppt and emails etc.) into a MS-Word report. This
ensures that everything is kept together in one main document. However I
accidentally pressed the mail icon instead of the save icon, which turned my
word report into an email. No worries, I pressed it again and it became a
Word document again. However now every time I want to drag/drop any type of
document into the report, it becomes an email, with the item being
drag/dropped becoming an attachment!

As a test I went to another users machine and opened a word doc. We drag/
dropped 2 emails into it and the little envelopes appeared = great.
Open/closed the email button icon and the doc. turned into an email and the
third file became an attachment. Now she has the same problem.

Can someone help - How do you turn this feature off?