Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan C.

Default Separate page numbering in header and footer

In the HEADER I would like to set up section page number, i.e 1 of 3 for each
section (with 1 noting the page # of that section, and 3 being the total
pages in that section) but in the FOOTER have consecutive page number from
the start of the document, i.e. B - X (with X being the page number starting
from the 1st page of the document).

If I change the Page Number Format from "Start at 1" to "Continue from
previous section" in the FOOTER it also changes the Page Number Format I have
set up in the HEADER ("Start at 1" for each section).

Is there anyway to run two systems of page numbering?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes, and it will be fun for you to set up.

Take a look at Dual Numbering in
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jan C." Jan wrote in message
In the HEADER I would like to set up section page number, i.e 1 of 3 for
each
section (with 1 noting the page # of that section, and 3 being the total
pages in that section) but in the FOOTER have consecutive page number from
the start of the document, i.e. B - X (with X being the page number
starting
from the 1st page of the document).

If I change the Page Number Format from "Start at 1" to "Continue from
previous section" in the FOOTER it also changes the Page Number Format I
have
set up in the HEADER ("Start at 1" for each section).

Is there anyway to run two systems of page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan C.

Yes, that's one way to do it - Yikes! My document has 70 sections though, so
I don't think I'll take that route. Decided to just go with one system of
numbering. Too bad there isn't a field for alternate page numbering.
Thanks for your help,
Jan