Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Bullet style

II have a manual I am updating. The printed copy that I did some years ago has
150 pages. The Backed up copy on my computer has 173 pages. The manual is
exactly the same except for the bullets in the printed copy are style List 2,
and the bullets for the backed up copy are in Style List 3 (Complex) Italic,
causing a double space between the bullets.

I am only changing a few pages and the page numbers have to match. By
changing the style to list 2, would make them match.

Is there any way of changing the bullets from style list 3 to 2 all at once
without having to do them all individually?

I have word 2000

Thank you

Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can use Find and Replace to replace one style with another (in your case,
make a backup copy of your document first):

1. Select Edit Replace. In the Find and Replace dialog box, click More.
Make sure to turn off all check buttons and formatting.

2. Make sure the insertion point is in "Find what" - the field must be
empty. Then click Format (bottom of dialog box) and select Style. In the Find
Style dialog box, select the style you want to replace (your list 3 style),
then click OK.

3. Repeat step 2 for the "Replace with" field - but select the new style you
want to apply (your list 2 style), then click OK.

4. Click "Replace All".

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg