Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hughess7

Default format merged data from access

Hi all

I have a merged letter which is created from within MS Access, it merges two
company names per page and I want both of these to be all capitalised. I
looked in help and found an article on formatting merged data. It stated I
could put the switch \*Upper to achieve the result I want. I pressed Alt F9
to view the merged code and added the switch but it does not work.

Help did not actually show an example, I've tried adding it to the front and
behind the field name eg « MERGEFIELD "MergeName" \*Upper » or « MERGEFIELD
\*Upper "MergeName" » and also inside the quotes but nothing seems to work?

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks in advance.
Sue
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hughess7

sorry... I had spaces in the switch which it didn't like. Removed these and
now all names are displayed in capitals as desired.

Thanks
Sue

"hughess7" wrote:

Hi all

I have a merged letter which is created from within MS Access, it merges two
company names per page and I want both of these to be all capitalised. I
looked in help and found an article on formatting merged data. It stated I
could put the switch \*Upper to achieve the result I want. I pressed Alt F9
to view the merged code and added the switch but it does not work.

Help did not actually show an example, I've tried adding it to the front and
behind the field name eg « MERGEFIELD "MergeName" \*Upper » or « MERGEFIELD
\*Upper "MergeName" » and also inside the quotes but nothing seems to work?

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks in advance.
Sue

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

If you have an inseted field called Mergename and you toggle the field
with ALT+F9, you should see
{Mergefield Mergename} It is with this view that you should add switches
thus

{Mergefield mergename \*Upper}

See also http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm