Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
robsan robsan is offline

Default abstract page has to be 2" margins, the rest at APA, how do i set

i have to write an abstract to my APA formatted paper, has to be 2" on each
size but when i do that it does it for all pages. I only need to do this for
the one page the rest has to be 1". Please help how do I do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Insert a section break at the beginning and end of the abstract page:
On the Insert menu, click Break. Choose "Next page" or "Odd page",
depending on what
you need. Then you can specify separate margins for the section
containing the abstract.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"robsan" wrote in message
i have to write an abstract to my APA formatted paper, has to be 2"

on each
size but when i do that it does it for all pages. I only need to do

this for
the one page the rest has to be 1". Please help how do I do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?cm9ic2Fu?=,

i have to write an abstract to my APA formatted paper, has to be 2" on each
size but when i do that it does it for all pages. I only need to do this for
the one page the rest has to be 1".

You have two basic choices:

1. Set up the entire document for 1". Format the first page with 2" indents
left and right (a paragraph style is usually a good idea). Plus, set "Different
First Page" in File/Page Setup/Layout and put a "box" drawing in the header and
footer to enforce the margins top and bottom.

2. Insert a section break of the "Next Page" type at the end of the first page.
This allows you to set separate margins for the two sections.

Personally, I'd probably tend towards (1).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Cindy M." wrote in message news:VA.00000032.00c8a376@speedy...
Hi ?B?cm9ic2Fu?=,

i have to write an abstract to my APA formatted paper, has to be

2" on each
size but when i do that it does it for all pages. I only need to

do this for
the one page the rest has to be 1".

You have two basic choices:

1. Set up the entire document for 1". Format the first page with 2"

indents
left and right (a paragraph style is usually a good idea). Plus, set

"Different
First Page" in File/Page Setup/Layout and put a "box" drawing in the

header and
footer to enforce the margins top and bottom.

But unless the abstract is on the very first page of the document,
this could not *replace* a section break. At best, it could *reduce*
the number of required breaks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

2. Insert a section break of the "Next Page" type at the end of the

first page.
This allows you to set separate margins for the two sections.

Personally, I'd probably tend towards (1).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17

2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'll differ with everyone else who is suggesting a section break. Unless you
need a section break for other reasons, I'd just apply a 1" left and right
indent to the abstract paragraph(s) or style. If you need 2" at the top as
well, give the (first) abstract paragraph or (more likely) the ABSTRACT
title 72 pts Spacing Before.