Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
carricka

Default DEFAULTS LABELS IN WORD 2003

I only use label Avery A4, L7160 and want to make this my default label.
However, every time I use it, Word returns to Avery Standard, 5931 as the
default. I've even tried making the change in Normal.dot, to no avail. I'm
using Word 2003, SP2.
Thanks.
ANTHONY

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I just did the following:

Select Letters and Mailings from the Tools menu, then select Envelopes and
Labels and go to the Labels tab and click on Options and then select the
L7160 label. Then click on New Document in the Labels dialog. Close the
document without saving, exit Word, then re-start Word and when I either
start a label type mailmerge, or go to the Labels dialog via Envelopes and
Labels, the L7160 is the current label.

This did not get saved in my normal.dot template as I have the read only
attribute set on that template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.