Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
++++Jack++++

Default My Documents folder

Win 98 SE..

Awhile back I took the "My Documents" folder off my desktop..

I now want to have a "My Documents" folder on my desktop..

Have found a "My Documents" folder at C:\ , but when I try to move it to the desktop I get the following dialog box.

How can I get the / or a "My Documents" folder on my desktop???

thanks Jack

Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR

++++Jack++++ wrote:
Win 98 SE..

Awhile back I took the “My Documents” folder off my desktop..

I now want to have a “My Documents” folder on my desktop..

Have found a “My Documents” folder at C:\ , but when I try to move it
to the desktop I get the following dialog box.

How can I get the / or a “My Documents” folder on my desktop???
thanks Jack

Right click on the desktop, select "New", select "Folder", name it MyDocuments. You'll
need to copy everything out of the official MyDocuments.
MikeR
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

No!

Right click the desktop. Select New *Shortcut* - not folder. Browse to the
My Documents folder.

MikeR wrote:
++++Jack++++ wrote:
Win 98 SE..

Awhile back I took the “My Documents” folder off my desktop..

I now want to have a “My Documents” folder on my desktop..

Have found a “My Documents” folder at C:\ , but when I try to move
it to the desktop I get the following dialog box.

How can I get the / or a “My Documents” folder on my desktop???
thanks Jack

Right click on the desktop, select "New", select "Folder", name it
MyDocuments. You'll need to copy everything out of the official
MyDocuments. MikeR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR

Graham Mayor wrote:
No!

Right click the desktop. Select New *Shortcut* - not folder. Browse to the
My Documents folder.

He did say he wanted a folder.
MikeR
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA

Yes he did, but they will not be synched using your method.
The "real" one on the desk top is synched with the one at C:\ in Win 98.
It is also synched in later version of Windows, although the path is far
more complex and there may be more than one, profile dependent.