Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Danica U

Default "Hide white space"

is there a way to prevent the "Hide White Space" from popping up when the
mouse is between pages? I have had several people accidentally select this,
then get wigged out when they can't see the margins or information that is in
the space. I'd love to set some sort of default so that is not even an
option.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

You and many other people!

If you could put the following into a macro with the same name as the
command it in a global template it would work, but I don't know the name of
the Word command. Anyone else know it?

ActiveWindow.DisplayPageBoundaries = True

For more about what is going on, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Danica U" Danica wrote in message
is there a way to prevent the "Hide White Space" from popping up when the
mouse is between pages? I have had several people accidentally select
this,
then get wigged out when they can't see the margins or information that is
in
the space. I'd love to set some sort of default so that is not even an
option.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

It's no big deal, once you are aware of it, to click in the grey space above
or below the page to toggle the display, or if desparate you could add the
command

ActiveWindow.View.DisplayPageBoundaries = True

to both an autoopen and an autonew macro in normal.dot so at least you would
start each document without it; or if you find it simpler to use a toolbar
button add the following toggle to a button.

Sub ToggleWhiteText()
With ActiveWindow.View
.DisplayPageBoundaries = Not .DisplayPageBoundaries
End With
End Sub