Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ajit George Daniel Ajit George Daniel is offline

Default How do i view the Add-In tabs

Hi,
Can any of you tell me how to view the Add-Inns tab in the main toolbar?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you're referring to Word 2007 then you need an add-in, or a template,
that was developed for a previous version that customizes the toolbars or
menu bar for the Add-ins tab to display.

Do you have an add-in installed and you're not seeing the custom commands?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Ajit George Daniel" Ajit George wrote in
message ...
Hi,
Can any of you tell me how to view the Add-Inns tab in the main toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Presuming you have Word 2007????? You need to add the Developer Ribbon from
Word Options, Popular Tab and then select the Templates group on the
Developer Ribbon.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Ajit George Daniel" Ajit George wrote in
message ...
Hi,
Can any of you tell me how to view the Add-Inns tab in the main toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry Larry is offline

Terry, is this information given in Word 2007 Help anywhere? I've been
unable to find anything on it.

Larry

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Presuming you have Word 2007????? You need to add the Developer Ribbon

from
Word Options, Popular Tab and then select the Templates group on the
Developer Ribbon.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Ajit George Daniel" Ajit George wrote

in
message ...
Hi,
Can any of you tell me how to view the Add-Inns tab in the main toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry Larry is offline

Interesting that the ability to add customized features from previous
versions of Word, something that only a small minority of users would do, is
placed in the "Popular" tab.

This is most ironic, since it's the fact that supposedly only a tiny number
of users use customized toolbars which is the supposed reason why Microsoft
eliminated customized toolbars and menus.

So, on one hand, Microsoft eliminates long-existing customization capacities
because they aren't "popular" enough; then, on the other hand, Microsoft
puts rather difficult-to-understand customization capacities in the
"Popular" tab!

The main theme of Word 2007 is the mind-crushing illogicality of it. In one
instance after another, MS puts where they don't make sense.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Presuming you have Word 2007????? You need to add the Developer Ribbon

from
Word Options, Popular Tab and then select the Templates group on the
Developer Ribbon.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Ajit George Daniel" Ajit George wrote

in
message ...
Hi,
Can any of you tell me how to view the Add-Inns tab in the main toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ajit George Daniel[_2_] Ajit George Daniel[_2_] is offline

Hi Beth,

I wanted to know how to view the 'add-in' tab so that I can see if the PDF
converter is showing up on it, I am not able to convert my office docs to PDF
even though I have Adobe professional,

Rgds,
Ajit.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

If you're referring to Word 2007 then you need an add-in, or a template,
that was developed for a previous version that customizes the toolbars or
menu bar for the Add-ins tab to display.

Do you have an add-in installed and you're not seeing the custom commands?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Ajit George Daniel" Ajit George wrote in
message ...
Hi,
Can any of you tell me how to view the Add-Inns tab in the main toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Why are you not using the built in PDF converter in Word 2007? If you don't
have it installed, it is free download from the Microsoft Word Support Site.

Terry Farrell

"Ajit George Daniel" wrote in
message ...

"Beth Melton" wrote:

If you're referring to Word 2007 then you need an add-in, or a template,
that was developed for a previous version that customizes the toolbars or
menu bar for the Add-ins tab to display.

Do you have an add-in installed and you're not seeing the custom
commands?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Ajit George Daniel" Ajit George wrote
in
message ...
Hi,
Can any of you tell me how to view the Add-Inns tab in the main
toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

That's what I thought you were asking about. :-)

If you don't see the Add-ins tab then that means Word isn't recognizing the
add-in or that it's not properly. This tab is automatically created if Word
find custom menus and toolbars in an add-in or template so if there aren't
any customizations there's nothing to display.

Now, for the add-in you want to see, the Adobe Add-in, it isn't compatible
with Word 2007 (it might be but the add-in does a version check to verify
the version of Office and 2007 isn't recognized). The last I heard they
should be coming out with a patch you can for Word 2007. You may want to
watch their support site for the update:
http://www.adobe.com/support/