Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
1foxi 1foxi is offline

Default My margins are missing

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space box but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Are you in Print Layout view (View Print Layout)?
The margins are not shown if you are in Normal view (View Normal).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space box but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
1foxi 1foxi is offline

Hi,

Yes im in Print View... even if I go in any of the other views though I cant
see them!?

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space box but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Do you have your Zoom set to Text Width? Set it to Page Width instead. If
that isn't it, what version of Word are we talking about?

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and
the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space box
but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
1foxi 1foxi is offline

Hiya,

I just tried that but it still doesnt work :-(
I am using Word 2003

Thanks,

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and
the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space box
but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Just so I'm clear - you're saying that no white space is visible on either
of the 4 edges of the page when in Print Layout View *or* Print Preview. Is
this one specific doc or with any doc including new ones? Your text runs
from edge to edge.

Before trying anything else you might just take a look in FilePage Setup to
make sure your margins aren't set to 0. If there are valid values, something
else is definitely wrong - especially if the side margins aren't showing up.
There is no provision for hiding them such as the White Space feature does
for Top & Bottom.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and
the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space
box
but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
1foxi 1foxi is offline

Hi,

Sorry for not being clear. Yes there is white space, I just cant see the
top margin ruler or the side margin rulers! All of sudden they just went??
It doesnt matter if I open a old doc or a new blank one it still does not
show the rulers at the top or sides!

Ive also tried going into the different layouts Print, Web, Reading etc but
that makes no difference neither.

I looked at my page setup and the margins are set at 2.54 Top&Bottom and
3.17 Left&Right.And i also have the white space box ticked!!!!!

Hope you can help. and thanks :-)

Claire

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and
the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space
box
but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

View | Ruler. (And note that that has nothing to do with being able to see
the margins.)

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Are you in Print Layout view (View Print Layout)?
The margins are not shown if you are in Normal view (View

Normal).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft

Word

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin

and
the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white

space
box
but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
1foxi 1foxi is offline

Hi Cybertaz,

I have white space yes. I just cant see the margin rules at the top or
sides!!!
I checked in Page set up and my margins are set to 2.54 (Left&Right) and
3.17 (top&Bottom).

This happens even if I open a old document or new doc!!

Cheers,

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin and
the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white space
box
but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, we've already established, I think, that it's your rulers (not your
margins) that are actually missing. View | Ruler should bring them back. If
you don't see the vertical ruler, make sure that check box is checked on the
View tab of Tools | Options. And note that if you had text boundaries
displayed, you'd get a visual representation of your margins, which I would
feel very much at sea without.