Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Barton

Default IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF THE WARNING BOX TO SAVE B4 EXIT?

I constantly do documents in word that I do not want to save however every
time I want to leave the document it asks if I want to save it. Is there any
way to turn that warning off so that I don't have to see it every time?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hello Jen-

It can probably be done with VBA, but unless you _never_ save your changes,
never _intend_ to save any changes, and really couldn't care less about that
*one* occassion where you critically need to save & it doesn't prompt you to
do so, you might want to rethink the nuisance. IMHO, doing so would be the
equivalent of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Regards |:)

"Jen Barton" wrote:

I constantly do documents in word that I do not want to save however every
time I want to leave the document it asks if I want to save it. Is there any
way to turn that warning off so that I don't have to see it every time?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Barton

as long as I can still go to file and save I really don't want to save
anything. how would I go about doing what you suggested?

"Jen Barton" wrote:

I constantly do documents in word that I do not want to save however every
time I want to leave the document it asks if I want to save it. Is there any
way to turn that warning off so that I don't have to see it every time?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

Jen: Don't do it! It's a small price to pay to dismiss the save dialog to
ensure that what you really want to save gets saved. When I was writing
software reviews for the press, I strongly criticized a new version fo
WordPerfect (for DOS, not Windows) for allowing to exit an unsaved doc
without warning.
I too often write temporary docs that I don't intend to keep. But guess what
- often I found that after printing it and exiting without saving, I noticed
that it needed a change. So now I make a habit of saving such temp docs,
overwriting the file temp.doc in the default document folder.
--
Ted
time?