Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
++++Jack++++

Default Repositioning a table

I created a table, but have it starting at the top margin..
want to reposition it down several lines, how can I do that??

TIA Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
~KO

There may be other ways, but the way I do it is to select the whole table,
cut it, enter a few paragraph returns and paste it back in.

"++++Jack++++" wrote:

I created a table, but have it starting at the top margin..
want to reposition it down several lines, how can I do that??

TIA Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gitche Gumee

1. Copy (cut) the table to the clipboard.

2. Enter the blank lines you need.

3. Paste.

If there's a more glamorous way to do this, I'll learn along with you when
it's posted.

"++++Jack++++" wrote:

I created a table, but have it starting at the top margin..
want to reposition it down several lines, how can I do that??

TIA Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

This might depend on your version of Word but in 2003 you should be able to
do Ctrl+Home followed by as many Enters as you want.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"++++Jack++++" wrote in message
ink.net...
I created a table, but have it starting at the top margin..
want to reposition it down several lines, how can I do that??

TIA Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

1. Press Ctrl+Home to get to the very beginning of the table. Press Enter to
insert a new empty paragraph above the table. Add Space Before/After to this
paragraph to get the desired amount of space.

2. Alternatively, if the table doesn't have a repeating heading row, just
insert another row at the beginning of the table, set the row height to the
desired amount, and omit any borders you have on the rest of the table.

3. In Word 2000 or above, you can drag the table to the desired position,
but this results in its being wrapped, which may or may not cause other
problems.

"++++Jack++++" wrote in message
ink.net...
I created a table, but have it starting at the top margin..
want to reposition it down several lines, how can I do that??

TIA Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:52:07 GMT, "++++Jack++++"
wrote:

I created a table, but have it starting at the top margin..
want to reposition it down several lines, how can I do that??

TIA Jack

Put the cursor to the left of the first character in the top left cell
and press Enter. The new paragraph that creates will be above the
table instead of being in the cell. This "trick" works only in that
specific position.

I'm not sure what version introduced this (2000? 2002?). A method that
worked before that, and still works, is to put the cursor in the top
left cell and click Table Split Table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman