Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JF

Default "Keep lines together" doesn't work Word 2003 .doc

I have a Word 2003 document that has been formatted and ready to send through
e-mail. I want to set the "Keep lines together" and "Keep with next" options,
but when I do, my paragraphs that were spilt remain as they were.

I tried by selecting the entire document at once, and I also tried
highlighting only one paragraph at the time, both without success.

I'm sure it must be something really simple that I'm not doing, like missing
step.

Can someone help?

JF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If you have several consecutive paragraphs formatted as "keep
lines together" and "keep with next", and if all of the formatted
paragraphs cannot fit together on one page, then Word will ignore
the "keep" settings. See
for more information.

JF wrote:

I have a Word 2003 document that has been formatted and ready to send through
e-mail. I want to set the "Keep lines together" and "Keep with next" options,
but when I do, my paragraphs that were spilt remain as they were.

I tried by selecting the entire document at once, and I also tried
highlighting only one paragraph at the time, both without success.

I'm sure it must be something really simple that I'm not doing, like missing
step.

Can someone help?

JF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JF

It worked like a charm.

I went to my document and deselected "keep lines together" and "keep with
next", on all paragraphs that didn't need those options. My spilt paragraphs
are now all adjusted.

Thanks for advice!

JF