Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alfonso

Default document hidden

I cannot see the text in a document. If seen as "final showing markup" all
the text (17 pages) is highliighted in pink ("comment" but without any
comment) if seen as "final" everything is under a black line. If I delete the
comment everything is again under a black line whether "final" or "final
showing markup". I know the text is there - I can see it in "thumbnails". How
do I resolve this so that the document looks normal.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?YWxmb25zbw==?=,

I cannot see the text in a document. If seen as "final showing markup" all
the text (17 pages) is highliighted in pink ("comment" but without any
comment) if seen as "final" everything is under a black line. If I delete the
comment everything is again under a black line whether "final" or "final
showing markup". I know the text is there - I can see it in "thumbnails". How
do I resolve this so that the document looks normal.

Which version of Word are we dealing with?

If you print one page, as a test, does it print correctly?

If you copy a single word (from the middle of a paragraph) to a new document,
does it display correctly in the new document?

How about copying a number of paragraphs?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alfonso

Thank you for responding, I've only just seen your post and cannot test your
suggestions until I'm back in the office on 2 May, but I'm using Word 2003.

Hi ?B?YWxmb25zbw==?=,