Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fixiechick fixiechick is offline

Default I cant change saved docs based on a template in Word 03 not using.

We have built a Template (.dot) to send out a questionare. However once the
resulting document gets saved we can no longer make any changes at all.

Please help!

Many Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Zml4aWVjaGljaw==?=,

We have built a Template (.dot) to send out a questionare. However once the
resulting document gets saved we can no longer make any changes at all.

Please help!

You don't give us any where near enough information. A wild guess:

You created the questionnaire using fields from the Controls Toolbox. And in
Tools/Macro/Security the security setting is "High".

Fields from the Controls Toolbox contain a macro element and trigger macro
security. You need to either reduce security or digitally sign the VBA project
in the document, then trust that signature. And anyone to whom you distribute
this questionnaire would need to do the same.

You might want to use the Forms toolbar, instead, to create the questionnaire.

If this isn't what happened, to even begin guessing what the problem might be
you have to give us a lot more information. Start with telling us the version
of Word involved.

Then describe - in some detail - how the template was constructed: What did
you to other than type in plain text? And how did you save, then later try to
open the file?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org