aggravated new user

Default disable preferences

How do you disable some functions that are automatic, like indenting
paragraphs that you do not want indented, now I hit TAB in a document and it
started an entire new page that would not backspace off...........thank God
the office assistant isn't in the 2003 version. Being that we are forced
into using this program when buying a new computer you would think we could
have a little control over how it runs.