Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aedcone aedcone is offline

Default ?Envelope Zip Code Bar Code?

WOW... what a very RUDE awakening! I've "upgraded" from 2000 to 2007 and I
am totally LOST...

In 2000 I was able to add the bar code to my envelopes... I don't see this
option in 2007, nor can I find any help on this...

What are the steps?

I'll be adding more comments/questions about my transition from 2000 to
2007... I am having anxiety about this transition... It's taking me over an
hour to do one envelope and my supervisor is have a cow!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
lauralee08 lauralee08 is offline

I had the same problem when I switched over, and what I found is that the bar
codes are no longer supported in 2007, something about the USPS updating so
often that the bar codes were wrong too often. So, instead of fixing it,
they did away with the feature entirely. Cruel, huh?
It's been 7 months since I came to the dark side and started using the new
system, and I have created more bad words in that 7 months than you can shake
a stick at!
Lauralee

"aedcone" wrote:

WOW... what a very RUDE awakening! I've "upgraded" from 2000 to 2007 and I
am totally LOST...

In 2000 I was able to add the bar code to my envelopes... I don't see this
option in 2007, nor can I find any help on this...

What are the steps?

I'll be adding more comments/questions about my transition from 2000 to
2007... I am having anxiety about this transition... It's taking me over an
hour to do one envelope and my supervisor is have a cow!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The barcode produced by Word is POSTNET.

The USPS no longer accepts that format for bulk mail discounts -- see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897290. You might as well not use the
barcode feature at all.

However the barcode that you inserted with Word 2000 (for all the good it
will do you) is still available in Word 2007 though not on the envelope
tool. Add the envelope to the letter and insert a barcode field.