word warp

Default my resume breakup when I copy and paste, how do I stop this ?

Joe McGuire

You aren't providing much information about the problem. Sounds like you
are trying to paste text from some other document or source into your Word
document. This is usually a Styles issue. The incoming text brings its own
formatting information in the form of Styles. If the text you want to
import came from a Word document you can easily see the Style in that
original document; put your cursor somehwer ien the text you want to cut and
paste and see the name of the style.

When you paste that text into another Word document that does not have a
style with the same name as the style of the incoming text Word assumes
(idiotically, no doubt) that you want to add a new style. That usually
screws everything up! Usually the best approach is to use Edit, Paste
Special (and select Unformatted Text) instead of using merely using Paste.
This way the incoming text takes on the style in effect where you are
inserting it. Different versions of Word may have some minor variations on
this.

(Of course, you ought to have a basic understanding of how Word uses
Styles--ini fact depends on styles. Click here for a general explanation.)

Joe McGuire

word warp

LET ME EXPLAIN FURTHER, THIS IS MY RESUME THAT I AM TRYING TO POST TO A JOB
POSTING DONE E-MAIL STYLE, OR TO A TEMPLATE STYLE DOCUMENT THAT EMPLOYER HAS
SET UP FOR QUICK RESPONCE TO JOB POSTING, MY RESUME IS NICE ONE PAGE
DOCUMENT, EVERTHING ALIGNED PERFECT, GIVES ALL THE FACTS, LOOKS GREAT, THEN I
GO TO MOVE IT, IT BREAKS UP, EVERTHING MISS-ALIGNED, IS THIS A BETTER
DESCRIPTION ?

"Joe McGuire" wrote:

[...]

Daiya Mitchell

Assuming you used Word's resumé template, or resumé wizard, I think it uses
tables to get a nice layout and alignment. But plain text (like emails)
cannot support tables, and I'm guessing you are trying to copy it into a
space that doesn't support tables (or hanging indents, or whatever other
formatting the template used).

I don't think you can get around this other than by re-formatting.

By the way, all caps is considered SHOUTING on newsgroups and not so polite.

"Joe McGuire" wrote:

[...]

Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ:
http://www.word.mvps.org/