Lee

Default adding a new signature auto text to appear on word documents

I am currently using Microsoft office word 2003 and would like to add a new
signature in auto text, so it can be quickly added to any memos letters etc..
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Insert the signature graphic into a document. Select the graphic, and choose
Insert - AutoText - New. Type a name for the signature (e.g., sig), and
click OK.

You can now insert the signature elsewhere by typing its name (e.g., sig)
and pressing F3.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Lee" wrote in message
I am currently using Microsoft office word 2003 and would like to add a new
signature in auto text, so it can be quickly added to any memos letters
etc..

Lee

Have tried what you suggested but when i go into - inesert - auto text- the
NEW is greyed out ( not active). Can you suggest anthing else I should look
at or why this function is not active.
thanks

"Lee" wrote in message
I am currently using Microsoft office word 2003 and would like to add a new
signature in auto text, so it can be quickly added to any memos letters
etc..

still doesn' tell me where MS hid button

"Lee" wrote:

I am currently using Microsoft office word 2003 and would like to add a new
signature in auto text, so it can be quickly added to any memos letters etc..

CyberTaz

Do you mean a signature _block_ or a scanned copy of your actual John
Hancock? Or both? Either way...

Create the signature block as you want it to appear when inserted, select
the whole thing & go to InsertAutoTextNew. Type in a unique name
(preferably at least 4 characters long so AutoComplete will pick it up),
then click the Ok (it may say Add) button.

Any time you want to insert it just start typing the name and press Enter
when the AutoComplete appears.

BTW- Not considered by most to be a good idea to include a picture of your
signature. Anyone getting a copy of a file containing it can extract & use
it as they wish.

HTH |:)

On 9/22/05 4:36 PM, in article
, "still doesn' tell me
where MS hid button" still doesn' tell me where MS hid