Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JCA JCA is offline

Default How do I save an auto text signature?

Long ago I created an auto text signature in Outlook 2000 that I used in
Word. I want to change that signature and I now have Office XP Home Edition.
I made the changes in Outlook. The new signature appears in the Outlook menu
and shows up when I open the signature. But when I go to Word to insert the
auto text signature, it prints as the old original signature. I also tried
adding a new signature to the menu. It appears in Outlook, but not in Word.
How do I get these changes to "take"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

To create a new signature while working in Word:
1. In a Word message, choose Tools | Options.

2. Switch to the General tab, and click E-mail Options.

3. Create one or more signatures.

4. (Optional) Select the signature you want to be inserted automatically.

5. Click OK until you return to your document or message.

If you have chosen to insert the signature automati8cally, but want to use a
different signature for the current message, right-click the signature. From
the pop-up menu, select either the name of the signature you want to use or
E-mail Signature to create a new one.

I hope this has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP