Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonathan589 Jonathan589 is offline

Default Continuous section break throws a page

WD2007. I'm new at MSO2007, but have used MSO for years. I love some of the
bits in 2007, but am nearly in tears over others! (I need more backbone.)
Most of one document has an ordinary layout, but in a few sections I want the
page title centred and the text in two columns. I've put in a continuous
section break before and after the text and formatted that to 2-col. Why does
it jump to the next page leaving the title lonely on the previous page? What
am I missing? I used to check that the default section break wasn't 'Odd
page', but this seems to be 'continuous' as I planned.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See "Section break causes an unexpected page break in Word" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074 for one possible explanation. If
this is the problem, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm for a workaround.