Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Limit Characters

"jfunk" wrote:

Hey All,

I am going to try and explain this the best I can...

I have a table and I basically need to limit the amount of text that
can be put into each cell. The total number will vary for each cell and
space and returns will count towards the total. Any info would be
great.

If you are not using proportional fonts (like Courrier) you cannot
realistically limit input based on the number of characters, which is anyway
difficult to achieve.

The usual approach is to limit input based on row height. In the table
properties dialog, select the Row tab and set Row height at "Exactly" a value.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

If you are not using proportional fonts (like Courrier) you cannot

Ooops, I meant non-proportional...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Otherwise known as monospaced.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message
"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

If you are not using proportional fonts (like Courrier) you cannot

Ooops, I meant non-proportional...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In that case, just set the row height to an Exact amount.

"jfunk" wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill;2761685 Wrote:
Otherwise known as monospaced.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in
message
...-
"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:
-
If you are not using proportional fonts (like Courrier) you cannot-

Ooops, I meant non-proportional...
-

Well I guess the number doesn't need to be an exact number of
characters. The cell just needs to have a limit so that it does not
automatically get bigger when you get to the bottom of it...

--
jfunk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"jfunk" wrote:

Well I guess the number doesn't need to be an exact number of
characters. The cell just needs to have a limit so that it does not
automatically get bigger when you get to the bottom of it...

I gave you the answer to this in my first reply... Read the second paragraph
again...