Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cjw064

Default Insert checkable box

Please could someone tell me how I can insert a checkable box into word so
that I can check and uncheck the box
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not a relevant article.

"Carol" wrote in message
See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...FmFldChbxs.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"cjw064" wrote:

Please could someone tell me how I can insert a checkable box into word

so
that I can check and uncheck the box

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are several ways to insert checkable boxes, depending on whether or
not the document is a protected form. If it is, you use Check Box form
fields; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

If you want check boxes that work in an ordinary document, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm

"cjw064" wrote in message
Please could someone tell me how I can insert a checkable box into word so
that I can check and uncheck the box

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

There are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in
documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do
not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"cjw064" wrote in message
Please could someone tell me how I can insert a checkable box into word so
that I can check and uncheck the box

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Suzanne

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
[..]
If you want check boxes that work in an ordinary document, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm

There's at least one alternate approach I've used myself: define the box
via (say) table-cell borders and write "x" into it (preferrably
formatted as AllCaps before) ...

But, of course, the user needs to know that (it's not simply a
"mouseclick").

Greetingx
Robert
--