Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] kromme2@uwo.ca is offline

Default Unable to set preferred width as part of table autoformat

I am using MS Word 2003 SP2. I have created my own table AutoFormat
and everything is working fine except the size of the table. I am
unable to set Table Properties to a preferred width. This option is
greyed out when I try to set it. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The reason the "Preferred width" option is greyed out is that Word doesn't
support storing table dimensions in a table style. Instead, create an example
table with the desired dimensions, select it and create an AutoText entry
from it. Then make use of the AutoText as needed.

For more on AutoText, see this article:

Using AutoText
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm

--