Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mist mist is offline

Default Error Message...Valid License

I use microsoft office home and student 2007 and i keep getting the message
"thank you for using microsoft office and student 2007. A valid license
cannot be detected and many features of the product are not available without
validation." i clicked the button to veryify and none of those items apply
to me. i checked my status for my computer and i still have 8 more months
until it expires. This is getting really annoying. Can someone please help
me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

What do you mean 8 months until it expires? Valid Office programs, once
activated with a valid license, don't expire.

"Mist" wrote in message
:I use microsoft office home and student 2007 and i keep getting the
message
: "thank you for using microsoft office and student 2007. A valid license
: cannot be detected and many features of the product are not available
without
: validation." i clicked the button to veryify and none of those items
apply
: to me. i checked my status for my computer and i still have 8 more months
: until it expires. This is getting really annoying. Can someone please
help
: me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mist mist is offline

I purchased this program at a store and i just used this program a few days
ago. I try to open a file and it gives me that valid license message. when
i get the message i click the verify and i get that reasons for this message
is either it expired, i haven't gotten onto the internet, or that i have
taken this computer off. However none of this would apply to why i'm getting
the message. I bought my program and registered it, i have been on the
internet, and i did not remove this program from this computer. I checked
online to see my status and stuff and it says that i have 8 more months until
my subscription expires and it does show that this computer is on there and
it has not been removed. It won't let me edit any files i have tried to
open. it says that "this section is blocked"

"Mist" wrote in message
:I use microsoft office home and student 2007 and i keep getting the
message
: "thank you for using microsoft office and student 2007. A valid license
: cannot be detected and many features of the product are not available
without
: validation." i clicked the button to veryify and none of those items
apply
: to me. i checked my status for my computer and i still have 8 more months
: until it expires. This is getting really annoying. Can someone please
help
: me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Valid Office applications with Valid activation do not have
expirations...they are infinite...

"Mist" wrote in message
news : I purchased this program at a store and i just used this program a few
[...]
:
: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
:
: What do you mean 8 months until it expires? Valid Office programs, once
: activated with a valid license, don't expire.
:
: "Mist" wrote in message
: ...
: :I use microsoft office home and student 2007 and i keep getting the
: message
: : "thank you for using microsoft office and student 2007. A valid
license
: : cannot be detected and many features of the product are not available
: without
: : validation." i clicked the button to veryify and none of those items
: apply
: : to me. i checked my status for my computer and i still have 8 more
months
: : until it expires. This is getting really annoying. Can someone
please
: help
: : me?
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mist mist is offline

i understand that. either way it doesn't matter because it's not expired
whether it's supposed to be or not. I'm saying what the message was. That
still doesn't tell me why i'm getting this message. I can't type in my
program and i need to find out why because i have work that is due. If i
reload the program to the same computer will that count as my third download?

: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
:
: What do you mean 8 months until it expires? Valid Office programs, once
: activated with a valid license, don't expire.
:
: "Mist" wrote in message
: ...
: :I use microsoft office home and student 2007 and i keep getting the
: message
: : "thank you for using microsoft office and student 2007. A valid
license
: : cannot be detected and many features of the product are not available
: without
: : validation." i clicked the button to veryify and none of those items
: apply
: : to me. i checked my status for my computer and i still have 8 more
months
: : until it expires. This is getting really annoying. Can someone
please
: help
: : me?
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You better go back to the store from where you purchased the program and
take it up with them. As indicated by Tom, there is no such thing as an 8
month expiry arrangement for Word software.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
:
: What do you mean 8 months until it expires? Valid Office programs,
once
: activated with a valid license, don't expire.
:
: ...