Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meep Meep is offline

Default Video in Word

Hi,

I want to embed a videofile into Word so that it is contained within
the docx-file. Preferably avi.

The problem with just "Insert-Object-Create from file" is that it
creates an OLE embedded object. I need to do this by editing the xml
code in the docx file manually and I have no idea how to create a OLE
embedded object from my avi file. I would really like to use mye avi
file as it is, put it into the package media folder inside the docx
file and link to it.

I've also tried using the Media Player plugin, but I can't make it
word with docx internal files.

Hope someone can help me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Meep

Meep wrote:
I want to embed a videofile into Word so that it is contained within
the docx-file. Preferably avi.

I can't help but wonder why people want to use Word as a wrapper for all
sorts of things. What's your goal by this?

The problem with just "Insert-Object-Create from file" is that it
creates an OLE embedded object. I need to do this by editing the xml
code in the docx file manually and I have no idea how to create a OLE
embedded object from my avi file. I would really like to use mye avi
file as it is, put it into the package media folder inside the docx
file and link to it.

I'm not sure this is easily possible. Your best bet is to try one of the
office developer newsgroups or forums. I see a similar discussion he

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...1-f058c1991ce9

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355229.aspx

0.2¢
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meep Meep is offline

On Oct 28, 11:30*am, "Robert M. Franz [RMF]"
wrote:
Hello Meep

Meep wrote:
I want to embed a videofile into Word so that it is contained within
the docx-file. Preferably avi.

I can't help but wonder why people want to use Word as a wrapper for all
sorts of things. What's your goal by this?

Because customers want this feature... Thank you for your answer,
we've put this on ice for now.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Meep wrote:
[..]
I can't help but wonder why people want to use Word as a wrapper for all
sorts of things. What's your goal by this?

Because customers want this feature...

customers want (and marketing sells) a great many silly things.
Sometimes you have to talk sense into them ... ;-)

0.2¢
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Leila123 Leila123 is offline
Banned

Insert a movie/video/sound into MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
On the Insert menu, click Object, and then click the Create from File tab.
Click Browse, and locate the movie (video clip or sound wave) you want to insert.
Select Movie (video clip or sound wave)
Click Insert.
To play media clip, double-click it's icon.
Click OK.

Saimon1232 Saimon1232 is offline
Banned

you should read the instructions on the Internet in detail to understand how to add a video in Word. you may be making mistakes while editing the video. my knowledge in this area is not enough to help you solve this problem. but I can advise you to use a good online https://www.movavi.com/online-video-editor.html video editor. I'm sure this will help you create a high-quality video in a few hours and add it to your document in a Word. wish you luck.
kolins kolins is offline
Banned

Click Insert Online Video. In the Insert Video window, you can search for videos on YouTube or insert a video's embed code. (You get the embed code from the page where the video lives.) When you find the video you want, just click Insert.