Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kara

Default Envelope Mail Merge from .xls all records rather than selection

I am working on a mail merge Word 2003 envelope document using an Excel
(.xls) datasource. I am having difficulty only printing or editing the 5 or
6 recipients I have selected out of the 1,000 recipients in the datasource.
Below is the process that I am following and the only way that I can get it
to work is if I use a .csv rather than a .xls but I want the spreadsheet to
contain more than one workbook so a .csv will not work for me.

1- Open Word
2- Select Tools Letters and Mailings Mail Merge
3- Select Envelops as the Document type
4- Select Next: Starting document
5- Select Envelope size
6- Select Next: Select recipients
7- Browse to Excel (.xls) document
8- Select the correct worksheet
9- Select Clear All
10- Select 5 or 6 recipients
11- Select Next: Arrange your envelope
12- Arrange envelope
13- Select Next: Preview your envelopes
14- Select Next: Complete the merge
15- Select Edit individual envelopes
16- Select All merge records
17- Click OK

This then merges all 1000 records rather than the 5 or 6 selected. How do
I get it to consistently print or edit the selected recipients rather than
the entire list?

Thanks,
Kara

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the View menu, select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge item and
use the Mail Merge toolbar. Then, use the third button from the left (Mail
Merge Recipients) to select the records that you want to merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kara

Default Envelope Mail Merge from .xls all records rather than selectio

Doug,

Thank you, that works! Why is it different in the toolbar than going
through the mail merge wizard? It seems like it should be consistent in
either case.

From the View menu, select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge item and