How do I limit the number of characters in a line?

Old September 11th 06, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spikes

Default How do I limit the number of characters in a line?

I need to keep the number of characters under 50, since I am going to paste
it on a website that restricts number of characters per line. How do I do
this?
Old September 11th 06, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a monospaced font such as Courier New and adjust the font size and
margins to result in 50 characters per line, but note that any text you
paste into a Web form will wrap naturally just as it does in Word. And the
line endings in Word wouldn't be preserved anyway unless you inserted a line
break at the end of every line.