highlighting and deleting text

Old November 10th 06, 06:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Crys

Default highlighting and deleting text

I seem to have lost the ability to highlight (select) sections of text by
dragging over the words and then hiting delete (backspace) key and actually
have the words go away. All that happens now is the highlighting is removed
and the cursor moved to the start of the section that was highlighted.

I would really appreciate the help this is driving me batty.
Old November 10th 06, 06:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

From the Menu, select Tools Options Edit tab
Check "Typing replaces selection".

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Old November 10th 06, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although Tony's answer will solve your problem, please note that the Delete
and Backspace keys are different; inability to use Delete to delete selected
text has an entirely different solution.