Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Montana Montana is offline

Default Paragraph Numbering

I ran across a series of messages in Discussion Groups from July that
described how to set up numbering. I have gone through all the steps and
cannot get the third level to pick up the previous level as a starting point.
In the dialogue box for modifying the style, it will not allow me to select
the Previous Level Number box. It is lit up but does not respond when I click
on the level it offers.
--
Peace
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Some suggestions:

Is the problem with a specific document? If so, it could be document
corruption. See if copying the contents, except for the final
paragraph mark, to a new file makes a difference. For detailed
instructions, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

If the problem is with all (blank) documents, you could try renaming
normal.dot; see the instructions found at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm.

Also note that if a dialog box doesn't work correctly, the reason
could be a damaged registry key. For help on this, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP