Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default Autotext

Is it possible to save your autotext file somewhere in case everything gets
lost
Hope you can help
Ruth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Each AutoText entry is stored in a template, so back up your
templates.

See also: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/FilesToBackup.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ruth" wrote in message
Is it possible to save your autotext file somewhere in case
everything gets
lost
Hope you can help
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

Hi thanks, this is good if we could back up, but I believe the Autotext is
saved to templates on the C drive and as a company I think we only back up
the network drive, does that sound right to you? Is there another way do you
think?

"Ruth" wrote:

Is it possible to save your autotext file somewhere in case everything gets
lost
Hope you can help
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Ruth

When you create an AutoText, you get to decide where it is saved. If you
don't explicitly tell Word to save it somewhere specific, then it will be
saved in your normal.dot file. And your normal.dot file is at the folder
indicated at Tools Options File Locations under "User Templates".

So, at a minimum, you might like to create yourself a folder on the server
and when appropriate, exit Word, find the normal.dot file and copy it to the
server location.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

autotext GBCSue Microsoft Word Help 3 June 3rd 06 01:49 PM
AutoText Moe Jones New Users 1 May 20th 06 01:24 AM
Autotext golfergal Microsoft Word Help 2 August 2nd 05 07:28 PM
AutoText, how do I add the SaveDate function to the AutoText list. PKDance Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 05:03 AM
Autotext Arthur Microsoft Word Help 0 March 3rd 05 08:34 AM