Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Default SKIPIF Error? Word 2000

Hello,

Is it possible that a SKIPIF statement could stop other formatting queries
in a document from working? I have been skating round this issue for the last
few days. I have a document that has some currency formatting queries in it,
and a SKIPIF statement at the top so that the document only generates for
specific criteria. Both the currency and skip statements came from this forum
and they work very well. The document seems to work if I remove the currency
formatting. Do you think that one could be cancelling out the other?

Thanks,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Chris,

It certainly isn't a given, i.e. not every SKIPIF/numeric formatting switch
combination causes it.

If you are able to, you are welcome to despam my e-mail (take out the
KillmapS) and send me the Mail Merge Document (and if possible, some test
data). I can at least have a look. If you do that, remind me which
Windows/Word version combination you're using (for Word 2000, I think I can
only do Win2kSP4/Word2kSP3)

Peter Jamieson

"Chris Stammers" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it possible that a SKIPIF statement could stop other formatting queries
in a document from working? I have been skating round this issue for the
last
few days. I have a document that has some currency formatting queries in
it,
and a SKIPIF statement at the top so that the document only generates for
specific criteria. Both the currency and skip statements came from this
forum
and they work very well. The document seems to work if I remove the
currency
formatting. Do you think that one could be cancelling out the other?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It looks as if the problem is actually to do with mixing { SKIPIF } and { =
{ MERGEFIELD myfield } } in the same document, and is not to do with the
formatting switches.

Luckily, { =myfield } seems to work OK - this is the only time I can
remember when { ={ MERGEFIELD myfield } } has not worked.

However, I await Chris's judgment on this...