Bought Pre Installed Office With Computer

Old September 7th 07, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
FinallyLegit

Default Bought Pre Installed Office With Computer

I bought a computer from my neighbor (HP) and restored the computer to
factory settings. When that happened it reset the Microsoft Office and now
requires a product key. That is no problem since the product key is located
on the PC case. I enter the number and it says it is incorrect. I quadriple
checked it and I have it written correctly. I would REALLY like to avoid
getting a new product key. Is there some sort of auto-detection feature??
If not, MSO should add that in the future to avoid annoyances like that.
Old September 7th 07, 10:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett

The product key on the computer case is the Windows Product key and isn't
going to work with Office.

If the manufacturer provided Office, the key would be with the disk, most
likely on the case.

news |I bought a computer from my neighbor (HP) and restored the computer to

Old September 7th 07, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Conrad

I have HP desktop. The Hp factory settings typically include freeware,
shareware, and trialware. The factory installed MS office was most likely
trialware. This type of trialware undoubtedly had an expiration date.
Presumably, your neighbor purchased an installed MS office. If you want MS
office, you can download a free trial, or purchase any of the current MS
office versions.

If a working copy of MS office was a condition of purchase, then talk to
your neighbor. If the HP machine was using office 2003, and your neighbor has
moved on to Office 2007, then perhaps he will sell you his copy. A caution, I
believe that the EULAs may restrict resale.

You could contact HP, but I'm pretty certain that the factory installed MS
Office was trialware.

Sorry.
--
Tom Conrad

Old September 7th 07, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Conrad

Also, just in case, I'm wrong, I found some good advice posted in another
area of the the Office discussion group. The following was retrieved from a
similar query. "Another Brian" answered the other post with the following:

"Another Brian" wrote:

[TConrad- When typing your product key...]
Make sure that you have the "B" and "8" and "O" (capital o") and "0"
(zero) and the rest correct.

Thanks, AB.

--
Tom Conrad

===

Old September 8th 07, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Kelly \(Home E-mail account\)

If you call MS support (go to
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_assistsupport) an they will help you with
your product key.