A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Header and footer on first page, but second page no footer

Old September 14th 21, 06:59 AM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Sep 2021
Default Header and footer on first page, but second page no footer

Hi all,

I am trying to create a document with a header and footer. However, the document shall be saved as a 1 page template and when it is editted and a second page is needed I only want to have the header on the second page and not the footer. This to save space for editting. Is this possible?

Thanks and regards,

Jan
Ads
Old September 15th 21, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Ketelaar View Post
Hi all,

I am trying to create a document with a header and footer. However, the document shall be saved as a 1 page template and when it is editted and a second page is needed I only want to have the header on the second page and not the footer. This to save space for editting. Is this possible?

Thanks and regards,

Jan
Hello,

I haven't had this issue before, but a short search in Google showed me this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-85151922ac09

I've tried it out and it works fine. I hope this will help you. Please let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.sitono.pl/oferta/blachy-...ry-perforacji/
Old September 15th 21, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret1952 View Post
Hello,

I haven't had this issue before, but a short search in Google showed me this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-85151922ac09

I've tried it out and it works fine. I hope this will help you. Please let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.sitono.pl/oferta/blachy-...ry-perforacji/
Hello Margaret, thank you for taking the time to check and reply. I also found this method and it works, but only if you keep both pages. I would like to save the document with one page only (with header and footer) and if the author needs to add a second page the header is there, but not the footer. Until now I only have the option of saving it as a 2 page document. This will work, but is just not as "clean" as I would like.