aplarsen aplarsen is offline
Junior Member

Default Drawing a circle or box with merge data

At my school, we merge in a bunch of data to create a snapshot of each student for scheduling purposes. We call it the scheduling rubric.

An example is attached below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Each student receives a score on the tests or GPA, and their scores are listed in blue down the left side. The cutscores are listed in a matrix in the middle of the sheet, and the appropriate number of points (1-9) is dropped into the columns on the right. All of the math is done in Excel beforehand. Word is just used to dress it up and create a digestible format for parents.

I'd like to figure out a way to circle the or otherwise identify cutscore that corresponds to the point value that they are receiving on the right side. Otherwise, the 1-9 value appears to come out of thin air. The closest I have come to an idea is to create fields in Excel that are converted into a Wingdings check mark in the appropriate cell. Any other thoughts?
Big_Al Big_Al is offline
Junior Member

Location: Bristol UK
Post

The only thing I can think of would be to shove some conditional formatting into the score 1-9 array (this is in the excel template generating the report).

Perhaps either bolding or colouring the text/borders if the value of the 1-9 score is less than or equal to the score. Or the other way round to show what they didn't achieve.

Personally, I'd replicate the nice blue font, in the cells the student achieved

Not elegant by any means, but without some coding help, I think this is the only way.