Halfloop

Default Change style-Manual formatting goes away ..sometimes

Greetings,
Problem: On a paragraph that has manually formatting for a word(s), i.e. the
font for the word(s) is changed to bold. When I change the style the manual
formatting disappears ...... sometimes.
Sometimes the manual formatting remains. It seems to be random.

Question: How do I maintain my manual formatting of words when I change a
style ... all of the time

Thanks
CyberTaz

Hello-

As I understand your post, what is happening is completely normal. Applying
a Style to a para is essentialy the same as saying "reformat the para _this_
way instead of how it is now". Since most custom & built-in styles are based
on 'Normal', the characters are reformatted accordingly (or as the style
dictates) when the style is applied. Since Bold, Italics, etc. aren't a part
of the Normal style, they are, in effect, removed, unless included in the
style. If included, however, _all_ text in the para will be bolded, etc.

One sure-fire way to avoid what you perceive as a problem is to apply your
formatting 'from the outside in' rather than 'from the inside out'... In
other words, apply your styles first, then make specific local changes
directly to the text that needs to be modified.

Regards |:)

"Halfloop" wrote:

Greetings,
Problem: On a paragraph that has manually formatting for a word(s), i.e. the
font for the word(s) is changed to bold. When I change the style the manual
formatting disappears ...... sometimes.
Sometimes the manual formatting remains. It seems to be random.

Question: How do I maintain my manual formatting of words when I change a
style ... all of the time

Thanks

?remove all formatting from emailed course manual Colleen New Users 0 June 23rd 05 03:54 PM
Cannot change style after copy/paste Jeff New Users 1 May 17th 05 04:56 PM
Can't change the style eco Tables 1 April 3rd 05 07:55 PM
Apply Style but keep direct formatting? Stefan Blom New Users 2 November 28th 04 11:30 PM