Manual Guy

Default I can't get bullet styles to stay the same in cells. Help?

I can't get bullet styles to stay the same in cells. I make instruction
manuals for the company I work for, and everything has to be consistant.
Sometimes I have multi-layred bullets and the format is different in each
cell. I'm Lost!! Help me please!!
Anne Troy

Hi, Manual Guy. "I can't get..." isn't very descriptive. Can you please
explain what happens and what you WANT to happen? Are you creating custom
styles?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Manual Guy" Manual wrote in message
I can't get bullet styles to stay the same in cells. I make instruction
manuals for the company I work for, and everything has to be consistant.
Sometimes I have multi-layred bullets and the format is different in each
cell. I'm Lost!! Help me please!!

Klaus Linke

Hi Manual Guy,

What formatting is whacked?

Just a guess: If you use "Table Convert Text to table", Word will remove
indents (which I find extremely annoying).

Did you try to use Ctrl+Q on the offending text (to remove manual paragraph
formatting)?

[Well... "manual" is misleading in this case, since Word applied it]

Regards,
Klaus

"Manual Guy" Manual wrote:
I can't get bullet styles to stay the same in cells. I make instruction
manuals for the company I work for, and everything has to be consistant.
Sometimes I have multi-layred bullets and the format is different in each
cell. I'm Lost!! Help me please!!

Manual Guy

I am using numbering per installation step, and then under some of the
instructions i put another layer ( i think that is the correct terminology)
like so:

20. blah blah blah
1 ect
2 ect

that is what i want it to do and i can't remember how do do that

david
"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Manual Guy. "I can't get..." isn't very descriptive. Can you please
explain what happens and what you WANT to happen? Are you creating custom
styles?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Manual Guy" Manual wrote in message
I can't get bullet styles to stay the same in cells. I make instruction
manuals for the company I work for, and everything has to be consistant.
Sometimes I have multi-layred bullets and the format is different in each
cell. I'm Lost!! Help me please!!

Anne Troy

Hi, David. The most common mistake people make in setting this up is they
use the Paragraph formatting to set indents. Don't do it! Try the tips at
the links. I'm not sure which one will help you best.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/h...osoft_word.htm
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm

~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com