lenny

Default word will not open

Hi, Related to my other post in this group but here I will try to start from
the beginning.
I can't open Word 2000. It doesn't matter if I click on the shortcut or the
actual .exe nothing happens. WINWORD.EXE is however showing under Processes
in Windows Task Manager. If I click on the shortcut 4 times it appears 4
times. I can't End Process on any of them. The only way I can stop the
process is to restart Windows.

Please, does any body have any idea what could be wrong. I have deleted
normal.dot. All other programs run ok, install ok and delete ok. It is only
Word that will not do any of those things.

I am completely stuck.

Event viewer only shows errors in System. Event ID 104 The System Restore
initialization process failed.
Event ID 7000 The Microsoft Secure Messenger.NET Service service failed to
start due to the following error......
The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect

And
Event ID 7023
The system Restore Service service terminated with the following error:

They are the only errors I can see and they don't look relevant to me. I
might be wrong.

Please help.
Lenny

Anne Troy

Hi, Lenny. Try these steps:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"lenny" wrote in message
[...]

Charles Kenyon

Have you reviewed http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eningWord.htm?
(I haven't checked it against what you've tried, but I think you want to do
so.)

Don't keep clicking on your shortcut.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"lenny" wrote in message
[...]

lenny

thanks for the help. I have sorted it out by removing all traces from the
registry that I could find, deleting the program folder and then
reinstalling.
It worked anyway.
"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM