Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dreambuyer Dreambuyer is offline

Default How can I stop Office 2007 shutting down when I close a file?

New to Office 2007, but long-time Office user. I've read solutions for Office
2003 but am hoping for a change in set-up or something that only requires one
click. I don't have a double XX in upper right hand corner. Any solutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Robert is offline

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 23:15:01 -0700, Dreambuyer wrote:

New to Office 2007, but long-time Office user. I've read solutions for Office
2003 but am hoping for a change in set-up or something that only requires one
click. I don't have a double XX in upper right hand corner. Any solutions?

Close files with ´Ctrl+Wˇ, or click ´Pizza Button File | Closeˇ. Word
2007 won˙t shut itself down.
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 closes down when you close the last open document, by clicking the
cross in the right corner of the title bar. There is nothing you can do to
change that.

You could uncheck Word Options Advanced Display Windows in Task Bar,
which would give you the windowed documents within Word and the double XX
that you alluded to.
OR
Use CTRL+F4 or CTRL+W to close documents.

Dreambuyer wrote:
New to Office 2007, but long-time Office user. I've read solutions
for Office 2003 but am hoping for a change in set-up or something
that only requires one click. I don't have a double XX in upper right
hand corner. Any solutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Robert and Graham have given you the built-in options, neither of which
satisfies your "one click" requirement. My solution was to add the Close
button to the QAT. Do this by clicking the Office Button, right-clicking on
Close, and choosing "Add to Quick Access Toolbar." I'm used to using a Close
button instead of the X, anyway, so this was one of the first buttons I
added.

http://word.mvps.org