Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric_NY Eric_NY is offline

Default How can I type a paragraph symbol (looks like backward P)?

I'm using Word 2003.

I assume that this is an available character in one of the standard fonts,
but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

I, too, am sure there is a alt code for the paragraph mark. However you can
insert that character using te teh insert symbol, special characters tab.

HTH

"Eric_NY" wrote:

I'm using Word 2003.

I assume that this is an available character in one of the standard fonts,
but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Alt + 0182

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Eric_NY" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003.

I assume that this is an available character in one of the standard fonts,
but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeffrey L. Hook Jeffrey L. Hook is offline

I'm a new Word 2007 user and other new users may not know that, in Word
2007, it's necessary first to engage the keyboard "Num Lock" key before
entering ANSI code numbers. The Num Lock key is at the upper-left corner of
the numeric keypad which is on the right end of the standard keyboard. It's
not in the QWERTY section of the keyboard.

Engage the Num Lock key, press the Alt key and hold it in while you type in
the ANSI code from the numeric keypad (not from the row of numbers atop the
QWERTY section of the keyboard). When the desired character has popped up
on the screen, press the Num Lock key again to disengage the key and to
continue with the normal use of the keyboard.

(The "paragraph character" is called a "pilcrow.")

Jeff Hook, NJ, USA

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Alt + 0182

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The procedure is the same in all versions of Word (and of course a little
more difficult on a laptop with no numeric keypad).

http://word.mvps.org

"Jeffrey L. Hook" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you use the Unicode number rather than the ANSI number, you type it
on the regular numbers and follow it with Alt-X.

("Pilcrow" is an abomination invented not too many years ago, of
unknown etymology and with no historical use in typography.)

On Apr 23, 6:18*pm, "Jeffrey L. Hook" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Another way is to press Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of field braces (ie '{}') and type 'QUOTE 182' between them (ie '{QUOTE 182}'),
then press F9.

--
Cheers
macropod

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ysamouilidis0419@apps4pps.net is offline

On Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 9:02:00 PM UTC-7, macropod wrote:
Another way is to press Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of field braces (ie '{}') and type 'QUOTE 182' between them (ie '{QUOTE 182}'),
then press F9.

how do I do it if I have a chrome book, though.
Thismole7 Thismole7 is offline
Junior Member

I came across the same issue.

Last edited by Thismole7 : September 12th 17 at 03:48 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] annleemcgurk@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 1:24:01 PM UTC-7, Eric_NY wrote:
I'm using Word 2003.

I assume that this is an available character in one of the standard fonts,
but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Go to top menu bar "INSERT."
Drop down menu select "SPECIAL CHARACTERS"
On symbol page choose "Categories" and "Punctuation"
Paragraph symbol is listed here.