Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default Using fields in a locked template

I am creating a template that I want end users to type into a field of a
locked template. I use Field, Macrobutton, AcceptAllChangesInDoc; and type
my instructions for the user to follow. I also have a form field that I want
to limit to 2000 characters. I know that in order for the form field to be
used correctly, I must lock the template. However, upon locking the template
the field Macrobutton no longer lets the end user click in the form to enter
thier information.
Is there anything that can be done about this or do I need to leave the
template unlocked and make a not next to the form field to notify the end
user to limit their characters?
Thank you, Don

Why does text shift in a locked template when filling in fields? cpateach Microsoft Word Help 2 July 14th 08 06:58 PM
Locked Fields cat Mailmerge 1 July 1st 06 07:55 AM
Locked Fields jrussell Microsoft Word Help 1 April 4th 06 12:52 PM
locked fields Tony the tiger Microsoft Word Help 1 March 26th 06 11:51 PM
Template text fields locked out Lynn Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 06 09:29 AM