Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
asitron asitron is offline

Default Envelopes printing upside-down

When I'm printing to an envelope, it always prints upside-down. Other PCs
I've tried work fine with this printer. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried rotating the envelope (inserting it 180 degrees rotated from
the way you're doing it now)?

You might also check in Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels
| Envelope Options | Printing Options to see how Word thinks you're
inserting the envelope. It might be a simple matter of changing this.

Interestingly, the feed position shown for labels in my version of Word 2003
is not what I actually use (or that my printer requires), but then I don't
print envelopes from the Envelopes dialog, either.

"asitron" wrote in message
When I'm printing to an envelope, it always prints upside-down. Other PCs
I've tried work fine with this printer. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
asitron asitron is offline

Well, it seems that would be a good solution, but I'm wondering why it
changed...

"asitron" wrote in message
When I'm printing to an envelope, it always prints upside-down. Other PCs
I've tried work fine with this printer. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sometimes Word makes changes behind your back just to keep you on your toes.
At least that's what it's easy to think. In reality, often a Word add-in
will change settings irrelevant to its actual purpose.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried rotating the envelope (inserting it 180 degrees rotated

from
the way you're doing it now)?

You might also check in Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and

Labels
| Envelope Options | Printing Options to see how Word thinks you're
inserting the envelope. It might be a simple matter of changing this.

Interestingly, the feed position shown for labels in my version of Word

2003
is not what I actually use (or that my printer requires), but then I

don't
print envelopes from the Envelopes dialog, either.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"asitron" wrote in message
When I'm printing to an envelope, it always prints upside-down. Other

PCs
I've tried work fine with this printer. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's true that Word sometimes seems to be infested with gremlins, especially
in the envelope orientation area. Sometimes you just have to force it it
obey, which is the subject of Graham Mayor's page at
http://www.gmayor.com/epson_envelope_orientation.htm (but the mayhem isn't
particularly limited to Epson printers).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"asitron" wrote in message
When I'm printing to an envelope, it always prints upside-down.
Other PCs I've tried work fine with this printer. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chief dell chief dell is offline

Default printing upside-down

--
rb da brolik

"asitron" wrote:

i need help when i print i comes out upside down on a regular page if i turn
the page over i can read it correctly but it is just printed on the wrong side

JTS JTS is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitron View Post
When I'm printing to an envelope, it always prints upside-down. Other PCs
I've tried work fine with this printer. Any ideas?
Had same problem using Microsoft Word 2010 & Brother MFC-J985DW printer.

If envelope was placed centered in tray, face down with flap on left side as recommended by printer manual, the address printed upside down. Tried checking "rotate clockwise" box in envelope print options. Feed image changed, but it had no affect on actual printing.

If envelopes placed face down in tray with flap on right side, then address printed properly; but, there were frequent printer jams.

Finally when printing from Word, I used Printer Properties - Advanced and checked the Reverse Print box. Then address printed properly with envelopes positioned with flap on left side as recommended for printer.

Last edited by JTS : December 20th 18 at 04:23 AM