Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ashpoint

Default Colored Text (logo) Watermark - Word 2003

We now have a color laser printer and want to print our letterheads using our
"traditional" dark blue text with a light blue logo as a watermark.

We have a blue line drawing "logo" set up as 100% saturation (in
Illustrator) and saved as Logo.jpg that we want to use as a watermark.

If we create the watermark WITHOUT washout, the watermark is solid,
intrusive and unacceptable.

If we create the watermark WITH washout, the watermark is faintly there,
almost invisible and unusable.

I suppose the question is, how do I make the washedout watermark slightly
more intense?

--
Ashpoint
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

You're better off approaching this in Illustrator (or any graphics app)
rather than Word.

Trial and error is usually the quickest method: create a set of files
spanning a range of settings -- experiment with HSB and with contrast --
until you home in on settings that work. Also try GIF rather than JPG.

"Ashpoint" wrote in message
We now have a color laser printer and want to print our letterheads using
our
"traditional" dark blue text with a light blue logo as a watermark.

We have a blue line drawing "logo" set up as 100% saturation (in
Illustrator) and saved as Logo.jpg that we want to use as a watermark.

If we create the watermark WITHOUT washout, the watermark is solid,
intrusive and unacceptable.

If we create the watermark WITH washout, the watermark is faintly there,
almost invisible and unusable.

I suppose the question is, how do I make the washedout watermark slightly
more intense?

--
Ashpoint

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

View | Header and Footer. Click on the logo, which will display the Picture
toolbar, and choose Format Picture. On the Picture tab, adjust the
brightness and contrast to give the desired result (or use the toolbar
controls for brightness and contrast). In a test here, "Washout" sets the
picture to 85% brightness and 15'% contrast (instead of the default 50% for
each), so perhaps less brightness and more contrast will give a better
effect.

"Ashpoint" wrote in message
We now have a color laser printer and want to print our letterheads using

our
"traditional" dark blue text with a light blue logo as a watermark.

We have a blue line drawing "logo" set up as 100% saturation (in
Illustrator) and saved as Logo.jpg that we want to use as a watermark.

If we create the watermark WITHOUT washout, the watermark is solid,
intrusive and unacceptable.

If we create the watermark WITH washout, the watermark is faintly there,
almost invisible and unusable.

I suppose the question is, how do I make the washedout watermark slightly
more intense?

--
Ashpoint

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ashpoint

That did it Suzanne. The trick was to understand that the watermark is in
the Header/Footer.

Best regards,
Michael
--
Ashpoint

"Ashpoint" wrote in message
We now have a color laser printer and want to print our letterheads using

our
"traditional" dark blue text with a light blue logo as a watermark.

We have a blue line drawing "logo" set up as 100% saturation (in
Illustrator) and saved as Logo.jpg that we want to use as a watermark.

If we create the watermark WITHOUT washout, the watermark is solid,
intrusive and unacceptable.

If we create the watermark WITH washout, the watermark is faintly there,
almost invisible and unusable.

I suppose the question is, how do I make the washedout watermark slightly
more intense?

--
Ashpoint

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, a watermark is just a graphic anchored to the header and sent behind
text. The Format | Background | Printed Watermark command in Word 2002/2003
makes it much easier to insert a watermark but obscures its nature, making
it more difficult for most users to edit or remove watermarks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

View | Header and Footer. Click on the logo, which will display the

Picture
toolbar, and choose Format Picture. On the Picture tab, adjust the
brightness and contrast to give the desired result (or use the toolbar
controls for brightness and contrast). In a test here, "Washout" sets

the
picture to 85% brightness and 15'% contrast (instead of the default 50%

for
each), so perhaps less brightness and more contrast will give a better
effect.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.