LenWhy

Default word defaults to Enlish(US) even when changed

No matter how many times I set Engish(australia) as my default language word
reverts to English(US) paticularly after use of OCR. Is there any way to make
Enlish(Australia) appear in the set language box without English(US) also
appearing with a check mark against it
Word Heretic

G'day LenWhy ,

Set the base language of all styles. If you are making documents from
normal.dot (File New Blank Document), ensure it has Normal style
defined with language = aussie.

If you are using many styles, it is easier to just run this macro.
Excerpt from an article being prepared for the MVP site.

---

Call this routine with your language constant. It sets the language
for all styles in this document that do not have no proofing set. This
makes it easy to flip between the English variants.

Public Sub LanguageSet()

Const LangId As Long = 3081 'Aussie

Dim Stile As Style

For Each Stile In ActiveDocument.Styles
With Stile
If .InUse Then 'did not disturb list
If Not .NoProofing Then .LanguageID = LangId
End If
End With
Next

Set Stile = Nothing
End Sub

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

LenWhy reckoned:

No matter how many times I set Engish(australia) as my default language word
reverts to English(US) paticularly after use of OCR. Is there any way to make
Enlish(Australia) appear in the set language box without English(US) also
appearing with a check mark against it

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGVuV2h5?=,

No matter how many times I set Engish(australia) as my default language word
reverts to English(US) paticularly after use of OCR. Is there any way to make
Enlish(Australia) appear in the set language box without English(US) also
appearing with a check mark against it

You'll find an article in the Tips section of my website that describes how
language formatting works in Word in some detail. Read through that, checking
your system's settings as you go. My guess would be that the OCR software is
changing your language at the System (Windows) level (very impolite, however
it's doing it).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org