Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Almost Italian

Default How do I enable greyed-out Tools menu options?

Word 2000 - On the Tools menu, "Options" "Customize" "Macro" and "templates"
are greyed out. How do I enable them? They were working until I used the
Options selection to show formatting marks. Now I can't use it to hide them!
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The probability is that the Word data key in the registry is corrupt. You
can safely delete this key and Word will rebuild a new default key. See
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm.

While you are in troubleshooting mode - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

To toggle the display of formatting marks use CTRL+* or click the ¶ button
on the toolbar.

Almost Italian wrote:
Word 2000 - On the Tools menu, "Options" "Customize" "Macro" and
"templates" are greyed out. How do I enable them? They were working
until I used the Options selection to show formatting marks. Now I
can't use it to hide them! Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Almost Italian

Thanks, Graham, but I didn't get too far. When I typed regedit and clicked
OK, I got an error message saying that "registry editing has been disabled by
your administrator". So, how do I enable that?

Almost Italian wrote:
Word 2000 - On the Tools menu, "Options" "Customize" "Macro" and
"templates" are greyed out. How do I enable them? They were working
until I used the Options selection to show formatting marks. Now I
can't use it to hide them! Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Almost Italian

This is my personal computer, and I purchased the Microsoft Office software,
so I must be the administrator!

Almost Italian wrote:
Word 2000 - On the Tools menu, "Options" "Customize" "Macro" and
"templates" are greyed out. How do I enable them? They were working
until I used the Options selection to show formatting marks. Now I
can't use it to hide them! Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, then log in as Administrator and give your account the ability to edit
the Registry, or do it from the Administrator account.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Get your administrator to fix the problem!

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Almost Italian" wrote in

message