Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Plan Checker Plan Checker is offline

Default Custom Button Images and Add-ins

Evidently Word 2007 lacks the ability to create meaningful button images for
marcos. I also have found that I can pull in my custom toolbars from Word
2002/3 and have my custom buttons show on the Add-ins tab, but I have to
reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word. Is there no better way for
either problem??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have to
reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word.

Do you mean that the option to display the Add-ins tab must be reselected
each time you start Word or that you need to reload the add-in template each
time you start Word. If the former, it would appear that Word is not saving
your settings; if the latter, do you have the add-in installed as a global
template in Word's Startup folder?

"Plan Checker" Plan wrote in message
Evidently Word 2007 lacks the ability to create meaningful button images

for
marcos. I also have found that I can pull in my custom toolbars from Word
2002/3 and have my custom buttons show on the Add-ins tab, but I have to
reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word. Is there no better way

for
either problem??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Plan Checker[_2_] Plan Checker[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. To use my custom
(macro) buttons from Word 2002, my work-around in 2007 is to go to "Office
Button - Word Options - Add-ins." On the "Add-Ins" screen I select "Word
Add-ins" from the "Manage:" dropdown box, and then click "Go."

The "Templates and Add-ins" dialog box then displays. On the "Templates" tab
under "Global Templates and Add-ins" I have added my "Normal.dot" template
from Word 2002. Unfortunately there is a check box before the name that must
be rechecked everytime Word is loaded. After checking the box and pressing
"OK," my custom buttons are then displayed on the Add-Ins tab of the Ribbon.
Oddly enough, some of my buttons are located in a section titled "Toolbar
Commands" and some are in a section titled "Cusotm Toolbars." The truly
frustrating part of this is that I would simply redo the macros except I can
only select button images from a defined set symbols that look like they were
taken off of a box of Lucky Charms cereal.

I have repeatedly tried going through these steps with the "Normal.dotm"
template open and saving the template before closing, but Word refuses to
keep the checkbox under "Global templates and add-ins" checked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the effort.

Plan Checker

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have to
reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word.

Do you mean that the option to display the Add-ins tab must be reselected
each time you start Word or that you need to reload the add-in template each
time you start Word. If the former, it would appear that Word is not saving
your settings; if the latter, do you have the add-in installed as a global
template in Word's Startup folder?

"Plan Checker" Plan wrote in message
Evidently Word 2007 lacks the ability to create meaningful button images

for
marcos. I also have found that I can pull in my custom toolbars from Word
2002/3 and have my custom buttons show on the Add-ins tab, but I have to
reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word. Is there no better way

for
either problem??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although you can load and unload a template or add-in in any location using
the Templates and Add-ins dialog, any template/add-in that is saved in
Word's Startup folder is loaded automatically at Startup. At least, that's
the way it works in Word 2003 and earlier; I can't guarantee that Word 2007
works the same way.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have to
reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word.

Do you mean that the option to display the Add-ins tab must be

reselected
each time you start Word or that you need to reload the add-in template

each
time you start Word. If the former, it would appear that Word is not

saving
your settings; if the latter, do you have the add-in installed as a

global
template in Word's Startup folder?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Plan Checker" Plan wrote in message
Evidently Word 2007 lacks the ability to create meaningful button

images
for
marcos. I also have found that I can pull in my custom toolbars from

Word
2002/3 and have my custom buttons show on the Add-ins tab, but I have

reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word. Is there no better

way
for
either problem??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Plan Checker[_2_] Plan Checker[_2_] is offline

Thanks. Adding the template to the startup folder does keep the check box
checked. I appreciate the assist.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good--glad you got it sorted.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have to
reinstall the Add-ins Tab every time I start Word.

Do you mean that the option to display the Add-ins tab must be

reselected
each time you start Word or that you need to reload the add-in

template
each
time you start Word. If the former, it would appear that Word is not

saving
your settings; if the latter, do you have the add-in installed as a

global
template in Word's Startup folder?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.