Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat Kat is offline

Default How to recover corrupt file from word doc "File Conversion" pop up

Hello,

I think I may have corrupted a Word document used in Word 2007, saved in
2003 format (*.doc). The doc was saved ion my USB so I'm assuming it must
have somhow corrupted that way. I get the box prompt where it asks me to
Convert File from..."

I've tried all sorts of method:

- Install Office SP2
- Convert file to "Recover Textd from Any File"
- Convert file to almost all of the other formats listed in the drop down
box
- tried to save a copy of the file and cut out some of the gibberish text

Nothing seems to work. Is there any hope?

Thanks